‘Tis the season to eat candy! That’s right, its almost Halloween! That means candy, parties and costumes. Here are 11 of my favorite spooky moves to help you get ready for that halloween costume and to burn a little extra before that candy binge!
CLICK ON THUMBNAILS TO ENLARGE PHOTO EXAMPLES OF EACH MOVE.
1. Frankenstein Plank- hold plank on forearms and raise to plank on your hands alternating which arm is first. Do 3 sets of 20.
2. Spider Crawl- Get into a bridge on all fours and lift your leg to meet the opposite hand and alternate. Do 3 sets of 20.
3. Trick OR Treat- squat facing one direction, jump turn facing the opposite direction and land into a squat. Do 3 sets of 20 jumps.
4. Hanging Bat- Hang from something about your height, slowly bring your knees to your chest, and slowly lower down using resistance. Do 3 sets of 30.
5. Haystack Hops- Find something safe to jump up onto at a height you are comfortable with. Start in a squat and jump up, land in squat, and jump back. Do 3 sets of 10.
6. Jump with Fright- Jump semi lunges. Left to right, a good distance apart. I like to use something in the middle as my marker. Do 3 sets of 40 jumps total.
7. Zombie Walk- Alternate legs, walking or in standing position, lift leg just above parallel to the ground, keeping core engaged, and arms straight out. Do 3 sets of 15 each leg.
8. Candy Crunches- lifting your knees towards your chest, lifting your butt off the ground, raise into a crunch so your elbows meet your knees. Do 3 sets of 30.
9. Witches Broom Ride- holding a stick, or pole, or broom of some kind, stand with your arms straight in front of you and legs apart. Squat down as you twist bringing the broom to each side, Coming up to standing position in between each side. Do 3 sets of 15 each side.
10. Black Cat- Starting in plank position, slowly drag your toes into your body into a pike position (helps to have a towel on hardwood floor or something that slides like maybe a skateboard) and then either slide back into plank, or jump back into plank. Do 3 sets of 15.
11. Jumping Jack O’ Lanterns- Traditional Jumping Jacks. Do 3 sets of 40.
YOU DID IT!
Congratulations! Make sure you stretch properly after and hydrate! Also, make sure to have some kind of recovery shake after including protein and BCAAs to maximize muscle tone and avoid fatigue. Staying hydrated is extremely important before, during and after your workouts.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM THE TPB TEAM TO YOU! FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM @THREEPRETTYBEANS AND SHARE YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES WITH US AND YOUR PHOTOS OF YOU DOING THE HALLOWEEN WORKOUT!
HERE’S TO YOU!