We all have New Years resolutions to try to keep this year. There are small things we can do to make this our happiest, healthiest year yet!
- Cook at Home: Cooking more meals at home will insure that you know exactly what is going into your food. It will also save you A LOT of money AND make you a better chef!
- Get Outside: Make it a goal to spend more time outdoors everyday. Try to bring your workout outside or just go for a walk every morning. You will be happier and healthier everyday with more fresh air and sunlight!
- Try Something New: Start something you’ve always wanted to try or something you haven’t done in a while. Dust off your old bicycle or take a photography class! Try volunteering for an organization you support. Anything you’ve wanted to do, there is no time like the present.
- Explore Your City: You already do this, but we tend to get into a routine. Try exploring the city in a new way. Many museums have free admission once a month. Make it a goal to check out a new museum each month or a new park every weekend. There is so much to see.
- Clear Out the Old: Clean your closet and house or apartment. Donate what you don’t need. There is no better way to start the year than with a fresh canvas. You will also find hidden gems that can be given new life!
We put a lot of pressure on ourselves at the start of the new year to make it amazing. Try to relieve this by reflecting on each week and giving yourself a chance to improve more frequently than once a year! Take small steps to achieve a happier healthier life. Changes we can make each day make a surprisingly big difference in our quality of life.