The holiday season is our favorite time of year, but it is also one of the busiest! With all the events and shopping it’s easy for the holidays to sneak up on you before you even get a chance to enjoy the most festive time of year!
5 things to do before New Years:
- Decorate your house- This might seem obvious but a little bit of festive decorating goes a long way! Each year add something new to your decorating routine and it will stay exciting and new, while keeping the tradition.
- Go ice skating- If you live in Boston or NYC you probably haven’t forgotten to go ice skating, but in Los Angeles it’s easy to forget in the 70 degree weather. Go to LA Live and get your skates on! Sometimes we have to put in a little more effort to bring the tradition to sunny California, but it is worth it! Grab some hot chocolate or mulled cider and dessert after your skate. It is the perfect holiday date!
- Bake at home with friends- Have a cookie decorating party with your close friends. It’s a great way to get everyone together and enjoy the holidays. Just the smell of fresh baked cookies will immediately get you in the holiday spirt!
- Go to a holiday show- Go to the Nutcracker or the Radio City Christmas Spectacular or any other themed show your city has to offer. You’ve probably seen it many times before but it will never fail to make your holiday season special. Go with a best friend or your significant other and get dressed up!
- Make a new tradition- Doing the things you always do around the holidays is part of what makes this time so special. This year with your family, friends or spouse create a new tradition and promise to do it each year! Spending time with the people you love is the most important thing you can do this time of year (and always)!
Happy, Healthy Holidays!