We are all getting older. Yup, as you read that one sentence we both aged seconds. I personally love being a grown up. You get to stay up how ever late you want, you get to make your own choices & you can even eat ice cream for breakfast if you want. But there are several things I don’t enjoy about being an adult: bills, hangovers & the tell all signs that we are aging– wrinkles.
I don’t really have any wrinkles just yet. I’m still pretty young. But, that doesn’t mean that I haven’t already started my anti-wrinkle beauty routine. I don’t think you are ever too young to start taking care of your skin and preventing the appearance of wrinkles.
Here’s some tips to help your skin keep its glowing youthfulness:
|| CLICK ON PICTURE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THAT PRODUCT ||
- Sleep – Getting sleep helps your skin keep its glow because you have the proper amount of time your body needs to refuel. As we get older we have a lot more going on. We have jobs, significant others, friends & possibly children that we are all trying to balance in the 24 hours we have in a day. (I swear Beyonce has figured out a way to add hours to her day)
- Hydrate- Drink tons of WATER! I carry my pink Nalgene with me every single day and I try and get through at least two entire bottles. This doesn’t include the water I drink at every meal. When you are dining out, opt out on having a soda or a tea and stick with a glass of water. Hydration is a key factor in great skin.
- Use Natural Face Cleaners – I have been doing this for the past year. I went through a period where I was actually having allergic reactions to all facial cleansers (something that has never happened). So I switched to Burt’s Bees all natural face cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling extremely soft and has made my face brighter and smoother looking.
- Use Sunscreen Everyday – You should always use sunscreen on your face. Even if you think you “won’t be in the sun”, you will be. Just driving in the car is enough time to do damage to your skin. I am a fan of getting a daily moisturizer with SPF in it. I have always used Olay Complete with SPF 15. If I know I will be in more direct sunlight I use the Coola Sport which is SPF 50 and smells like delicious Mangoes.
- No Smoking – I know. Some of you will hate this one. But smoking dehydrates your skin and it makes you look older. If you stop smoking, your skin will naturally start to rehydrate and the appearance of fine lines will diminish
- Eat these – Some good things to add to your diet to help your skin look and feel younger are Blueberries and Flax Seed. Blueberries have antioxidants which are amazing for just about anything, but they are extremely good for your skin. Flax seeds are anti-inflammatory and they help your body heal your skin.
- Facials – If you can afford to get monthly facials, DO IT! If you can’t, that is okay too. There are tons of things you can do at home to help your skin. I am a huge fan of giving myself at-home facials. You can buy these little mud mask packets that are AMAZING! You can also make a mask at home with products in your refrigerator. Look for our YouTube video tomorrow to reveal one of our favorites.
- Night Time Regiment – Use a nighttime cream to help hydrate your skin while you are sleeping. My favorite that I have found is from Kiehl’s (<— Click for more information).
Take the time to take care of your skin. It is extremely important that you start now. You don’t want to look back and regret that you didn’t do it. Some skin damage is hard to to undo.
Wishing you Health, Wealth & Happiness,