It’s that time of year again! Where everyone around you seems to be getting sick. My husband just had it and I seemed to fight it off with preventative measures. Here are a few things you can do to make sure you don’t get sick.
- Sleep– Sleep is one of the most important things you can do to fight off a cold. I’ve been trying to go to bed extremely early so I can at least get 8 hours of sleep but I’ve been aiming for 10.
- Hydrate– You should drink lots and lots of fluids. I stick with water because it’s what is going to hydrate you the fastest.
- Eat healthy– Avoiding bad foods can actually help you avoid a cold. Keep eating healthy even if you have the itch to eat bad. (Whenever I’m sick I know I don’t want to eat healthy. I want comfort food.)
- Drink tea– This falls into the hydrate category but I like to add lots and lots of tea. I drink two kinds: Throat Coat & Echinacea Plus.
- Workout– I know this is the last thing we want to do when we are feeling under the weather. But getting a small workout it actually helps boost your immune system.
Sometimes a cold is inevitable. But these little tricks will help you be prepared to battle the common cold.